valentine's day | oversized kitchen/hand towel | 100% linen | made locally
a perfect valentine's day gift or a treat for you ♡
I’ve been dreaming of oversized kitchen towels to dry my dishes, wrap my bread and also as an alternative for hostess gifts. I’m over the moon in love with how these turned out and so happy to share them with you ♡
I’ve used 100% Merchant & Mills linen, as it’s simply the best, to create the perfect oversized kitchen/hand towel. All kitchen/dish towels are made locally. Linen is naturally organic, completely biodegradable, recyclable and due to its natural absorbency, it requires less dye than cotton. Linen therefore scores high on the ecological chart, which makes it perfect your home ♡
Merchant & Mills linen is produced in small batches in Eastern Europe where there is a strong heritage of spinning and weaving linen fabric.
- 100% Merchant & Mills linen
- 185 grams per square meter (gsm)
- Certified to the Global Organic Textile Standard (GOTS). GOTS-certified textiles meet top standards, from fibre to finished product. GOTS is the worldwide leading textile processing standard for organic fibres, including ecological and social criteria, backed up by independent certification of the entire textile supply chain.
- STANDARD 100 by OEKO-TEX® certified: Free from harmful chemicals and safe for human use
- Dimensions: 71 x 78 cm (28” x 31")
As with most natural fibres, shrinkage may occur. Linen tends to soften and relax over time. Wash linen with mild detergent on a gentle cycle in cool/warm water to protect fibres. While hanging/laying flat to dry is preferred, you’re welcome to tumble dry on low. Enjoy the inherent natural creases and crumples of linen. For those preferring a crisp linen, iron on reverse while fabric is damp ♡